[QGIS-Developer] qgis-dev icon color

Charles Dixon-Paver charles at kartoza.com
Sat Oct 24 03:14:54 PDT 2020

I am usually quite critical with design work, but have always been very
fond of the QGIS3 branding.

Although I agreed with the idea of a red "dev" indication over the existing
logo, I had wondered if there was a creative way I could tweak the logo for
differing version icons and actually have it work. I didn't have high
hopes, as it would have to check all three boxes for being pretty, being
unique/ distinguishable and also retain the QGIS identity.

After a quick experiment I have concluded that the "Irish" logo is the best
one and pretty much any and all modifications I performed were failures. If
you want to see the results I put it on imgur. Warning: it's not pretty.

https://imgur.com/a/JBmqUp6