[QGIS-Developer] PR to add a baseclass to python console classes

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Sep 2 02:33:04 PDT 2020

Hi Devs,

If somebody is interested and has time; I created a Pull Request to add BaseClass to the Python Console classes, so all three editors there (line input, output and editor input) share the same baseclass, so can share the same code and lexer colors etc etc.

For this I also merged the (untill now) split-up settings of Console and Editor in the GUI.

Nyall proposed to even go further and (now) move functionality from this BaseClass to the c++ QgsCodeEditorPython class, but I would be in favour if people first had a look (and test) into this changes, if they see any issues with it.

PR is https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/37602
( I added some screenies to make it more fun :-) )

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde