[QGIS-Developer] Python editors: codepad.org, remove or alternative?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Sep 9 07:54:52 PDT 2020

Hi Devs,

while working on the Python Console editors:

( can https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/37602 be merged plz ? )

I found that the "Share on Codepad.org" menu option was throwing a stacktrace:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/37574

I've looked into the code (it looks like a python2 version of an old version or codepad.org.
To me it looks like the site has changed so it is harder to use simple POST's to post something.
I mailed the creator of codepad.org but did not get a reply (yet).

Anybody aware of a pastebin/codepad like alternative which does NOT need a key?

Or should we just remove that menu item ("Share on Codepad.org") from the context menu in the Python Editor?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde