[QGIS-Developer] R: GSoC 2021 QGIS On-the-fly Raster Calculator proposal draft review and feedback

Francesco Bursi francesco.bursi at hotmail.it
Thu Apr 15 09:42:26 PDT 2021

Hi again,

Sorry for the delay.
Julien, thank you for the message I agree with about Alister proposal!
Alister,  thank you for the explanation and for the advice!
Concerning the project and so the renderer feature, the first result I would like to achieve is to style the layer, I agree it would be useful to use other layers, but I'm not sure if it should be allowed in a styling function for the reasons you pointed out in the first message or, at least, the styled layer should be "fixed" if other layers are to be chosen.
For the addition of the Σ button next to all the "band" comboboxes, the existence of the subrenderer should've done this work only in one place, but I see your point.
I will take it into account and discuss it with mentors that proposed the idea in the first place.

Concerning the enhancement that you propose, I think it's more than reasonable (well, it would be really useful) and quite interesting, but I see it more like an improvement of the virtual raster capabilities and, I would say, it's beyond the scope of my proposal.

Kind Regards,
Francesco