[QGIS-Developer] Require documentation PR for new features

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Thu Apr 15 10:21:47 PDT 2021

Hi,

On Thu, 15. Apr 2021 at 14:15:16 +0200, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
> - most of the times authors have been paid for the new feature and it doesn't
>   look fair to me that the documentation is left to volunteers

> Any opinion?

I'd say requiring volunteers to do anything they didn't volunteer for is
unfair.

Giving people who volunteered to write documentation new stuff to write about
doesn't fall into that category.

But requiring people who volunteered to write features to write documentation
OTOH does.

And as you said not all authors are paid for the feature.  But probably less
than there used to be as more and more hoops like this one make even little
contribution a big effort.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden            https://www.norbit.de
                            Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode