[QGIS-Developer] reload QGIS Server plugin

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Apr 30 07:26:29 PDT 2021

No, no,  no - this is not the way to do it. You don't need to manually
kill processes.

You need proper startup scripts to properly solve this. Did you follow
the advice from
https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/server_manual/getting_started.html#nginx-http-server
with spawn-fcgi or ?

In case of Apache FCGI is started from within the Web server, in case of
NGINX they run independently. You need to use something like spawn-fcgi
or fcgiwrap.

How does your complete .service file or startup script look like?

Greetings,

Andreas

On 2021-04-30 16:10, michal.wloga at envirosolutions.pl wrote:

> Dear All,
> I have found a workaround. Killing all working QGIS Server processes
> works. Nginx will recreate new ones with refreshed resources.
>
>> sudo pkill qgis_mapserv
>
> Regards,
>
> EnviroSolutions Sp. z o. o.
> Michał Włoga
> tel: +48 607 059 157
> coo at envirosolutions.pl
> www.envirosolutions.pl [1]
>
> Pobieracz Danych GUGiK [2] - laureat nagrody GUGiK na najlepsze
> wykorzystanie danych i usług GUGiK w 2020 r.

Andreas Neumann

QGIS.ORG [3] board member (treasurer)

Links:
------