[QGIS-Developer] QGIS WFS Bug

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Aug 8 11:22:08 PDT 2021

Hi Chris,

Can you share the url, is it public?

Please test our wfs: https://geodata.nationaalgeoregister.nl/bestuurlijkegrenzen/wfs and load 'provincies' ( provinces, just 12 :-) ).
That server handles 1.0.0 till 2.0.0.

But if I get features from it using 1.0.0 (forcing QGIS use 1.0.0 in the provider dialog, the "VERSION=1.0.0" is always eaten from it if I am correct). I see "EPSG:28992" (plain, NOT the urn version) (in case you use our national crs). And if I am correct, THAT is correct in that the urn-version was (in my memory, others please correct me) introduced in later WFS versions.

Could it be that you server is actually presenting the urn version to QGIS (if requesting capabilities in 1.0.0 format) and that QGIS actually just 'uses' what it receives from the capabilities?

The server(!) above returns different forms in capabilities (and QGIS seems to use those):

<SRS>EPSG:28992</SRS> for 1.0.0 (did you find notion of the use of urn crs identifiers in the 1.0.0 spec?)

<DefaultSRS>urn:x-ogc:def:crs:EPSG:28992</DefaultSRS> for 1.1.0

<DefaultCRS>urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::28992</DefaultCRS> for 2.0.0

NOTE all the different types and number of colons!!!

OGC did mess too much with the src/crs/x/y etc etc in my opinion between versions :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde