[QGIS-Developer] QGIS build failure with QWT 6.2.0 (Linux openSUSE Tumbleweed)

Hernán De Angelis variablestarlight at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 06:33:20 PDT 2021

Hi

This is not a bug report about QGIS, just a note about something that
might be problematic for others as well and that may need eventual
attention.

I am experiencing fatal problems building QGIS 3.20.0 and 3.20.1 in
openSUSE Tumbleweed after QWT was updated to the latest 6.2.0. Errors
are of the type:

error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘const class QwtScaleDiv’

(and with several other QWT classes as well)

Apparently, the cause seems to be related to changes introduced in QWT
6.2.0 (as far as I understand "qwt_compat.h" has been removed, as
reported here: https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/issues/4956)

I have not yet found a solution or work around that does not involve
reverting to a previous version of QWT.

/H.