[QGIS-Developer] PyQGIS problem with QWebEngineView / QtDesigner Crash with QWebEngineView

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 15:22:42 PST 2021

On Sat, 6 Feb 2021 at 18:28, Roberto Benet <rbenet71 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have QGIS 3.16.3-Hannover installed with Qt 5.11.2 and 64-bit Windows 10. In two more computers I also have it installed in similar conditions.
>

> I am using the PyQGIS to stand-alone applications from QGIS and I think there is something that is not working well within PyQGIS because I cannot use the QWebEngineView and the QWebKit yes.

It's not a real answer to your question, but honestly I'd just stick
with QWebkit if it's working. QGIS itself makes heavy use of these
classes simply because QWebEngine is a very locked down API which
doesn't give us any of the features we need. If you stick with
QWebkit, things will work as expected because QGIS itself depends on
it!

Blame Qt upstream for their poor decision making here -- they really
dropped the ball with this whole QWebkit/webengine fiasco.

Nyall