[QGIS-Developer] QGIS WMS provider firing too many requests !?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Feb 13 12:17:09 PST 2021

On 2/13/21 7:45 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> Yes I've noticed this also, I just never spent time to examine why.  For example, using my own WMS service I zoomed in and QGIS fired 11 GetMap requests to my server.  It's difficult to trigger though (I can't reproduce with your NL service).  Bizarre.  But I have definitely seen 9+ GetMap requests for the same service/layer.

Sometimes it starts of with just one WMS request, and after that after a zoom-action all pan actions do fire requests heavily.

I was actually looking into this issue:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/41504

Which starts of with TIME parameters, but after some non-200 responses 'loose' the TIME-parameter....

So that is why I started to try to understand this heavy hitting...

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde