[QGIS-Developer] Usability initiative/offensive for QGIS 4.0

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at di.uminho.pt
Wed Feb 17 13:54:00 PST 2021

Hi Tobias,

Thank you for your detailed comments about usability. It really helps to
have someone collecting all these issues and pushing forward to have
this issues discussed and implemented.

I think the best place to start it to write a QEP [1], since there are
so many issues in your proposal. Each QEP is in fact an issue in the QEP
repository. It is the right place to discuss improvements before any
coding.

Other users and developers can add comments to your proposal. At the
end, it will be easier to evaluate the impact of those changes and to
define a roadmap for such improvements.

The discussion might take some time, but a better discussion makes the
development easier. People from the documentation team are also
important to the discussion. They are used to explain how things work in
QGIS interface.

If you can, try to create markdown sections for these issues in the QEP:
some are related to "Editing geometries", other are related to "Field
calculator", etc. It would be fantastic if you can add some print
screens also (but those can be added later, when discussing each issue).

Let's see what other developers can add. This is just my own opinion.

Regards,

Jorge Gustavo

[1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals

J. Gustavo