[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-user] A nice task for a community member: revamping the QGIS github landing page

Martin Pergler pergler at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 17:54:15 PST 2021

As per the thread last week, with the help of Jorge Gustavo Rocha (regarding
server) and Ben Hur Pintor, I've taken a first crack at revising the Github
landing page to be more exciting, up-to-date, and visual.

The current draft is at
https://github.com/Houska1/QGIS/blob/README-md-update/README.md; all
comments welcome (here, there, or by email to pergler at gmail.com).

At this stage, I'd love to get buy in on the overall structure, and the
choice of the 5 high-level points under Features. We can then hunt for
better illustrations for each -- right now, I grabbed something from the
user manual or qgis.org gallery for each one, but we can probably do better.
Might even make sense to make something custom at a better image
size/resolution (but only once we're collectively happy we have the right
points to illustrate...).

Cheers,
Martin

--