[QGIS-Developer] Proper use of plugin_dependencies in metadata.txt

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 09:02:42 PST 2021

I have a plugin that requires numpy and scipy. Both of these are
automatically included in the standalone Windows QGIS installer, but I have
found that they may not be included by default with the OSGeo4W installer
and I don't know about Linux distributions.

*Is there a proper way to notify the user that they need to make sure numpy
and scipy are installed?* I thought plugin_dependencies in metadata.txt was
the way to do it, but the documentation says it is a "PIP-like comma
separated list of other plugins to install." So it appears that
plugin_dependencies is for other plugins and not for python modules.

Thanks,

Calvin