[QGIS-Developer] Earth, Sun, Moon & Planets Plugin

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Sat Jun 5 10:04:30 PDT 2021

Hi

Wow that looks beautiful! A couple of thoughts:

1) Rather than implementing your own slider logic I wonder if you could
hook in to the temporal controller?
2) For platform specific components the normal practice is to a)
communicate with the plugins reviewers about why this is needed so that
they don't pre-emptively reject your plugin and b) normally pull down the
platform specific components as a post install step. I expect you will get
some resistance to adding a new dependency to QGIS core unless that
dependency is broadly useful, but you may be able to convince Jurgen and
Peter to bundle it into the Windows and macOS installers respectively.
3) For that 100mb blob, similar to our discussion on the timezone work you
were doing, the preferred approach would be to fetch it as a post-install
download the first time you use the plugin.

Thanks for making such interesting plugins!

Regards

Tim