[QGIS-Developer] GSoC 2021 QGIS On-the-fly Raster Calculator discussion

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 10:53:48 PDT 2021

Hi,

that's a nice idea!

Don't forget that the raster calculator as well as the hillshade
renderer can make use of OpenCL acceleration for a greater rendering
speed (if available in the system).
You might want to have a look at that technology too.

Regards

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 11:23 PM Francesco Bursi
<francesco.bursi at hotmail.it> wrote:

> Hello QGIS Dev,
>

> I’m Francesco Bursi, an M.Sc. civil engineer from Italy currently enrolled in a Master of Advanced Studies (Level 8 EQF) in giscience and geoinformatics at the University of Padua. Through this postgraduate course I’m doing an internship in Gter S.r.l.
>
> I’m really interested to take part to the GSoC 2021 and learning more about the development of QGIS. I would like to work on the first idea that has been proposed.
>
> I have to say in advance that I’m not proficient in C++ in particular, but I’m really eager to learn it (I’d love to). On the other side I’m proficient in pyhton, I know javascript, html and css, and I’m also proficient in SQL.
>
> I was and I am an enthusiast QGIS user, I’m currently working with Lizmap (I’m writing some js script to customize my maps), QGIS and PostgreSQL/Postgis db; I would like to contribute to the QGIS project and being part of the developer community.
>
> I would like to know if I’m eligible for this project and if I can share with you the python script that I wrote as a test as you suggested in the last point of the “Project Ideas”: https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code-2021-Ideas
>

> P.s. I’d like to mention that Roberto Marzocchi, the CTO of the company in which I’m doing the internship -Gter Srl-, is available as a co-co-mentor if it’s possible. I mean that Gter srl can give me “operative and logistic” help if needed. Roberto worked in the development of some plugins for QGIS and he’s, of course, involved in a lot of project in the “gis/webgis world”, he never worked on QGIS core.
>

> Best regards and thank you in advance,
>

> Francesco Bursi

Alessandro Pasotti
QCooperative:  www.qcooperative.net