[QGIS-Developer] GSoC 2021 QGIS On-the-fly Raster Calculator discussion

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 21:49:32 PDT 2021

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 at 03:30, Roberto Marzocchi
<roberto.marzocchi at gter.it> wrote:

> I can confirm that Francesco, during the first month of internship in Gter, has demonstrated the ability  and pleasure to learn the main programming languages.
>
> Concerning my availability. I have no experience with QGIS GSoC but only with GRASS GiS GSoC (I was mentor in 2019).
> I hope Francesco can continue its experience in Gter after his studies (since next September) and I encourage him to partecipate to this excellent opportunity to start programming QGIS core. Working together (on closest virtual or physical desks), I can help him with suggestions and solving critical points, even if I do not need any official title (co-mentor). I can keep my actual role of tutor of Francesco internship ;-)

Hi Roberto,

Given that Martin and Peter offered to assist in the original
proposal, and that they both know the QGIS code very well, would it be
possible to do some kind of joint mentorship approach here? Perhaps
Peter or Martin could take an advisory role to assist with QGIS coding
practices and design, while you do the "hands-on" work of the
mentoring?

It's an exciting feature, good luck with the proposal!

Nyall