[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Compilation on Windows

Olivier Dalang olivier.dalang at gmail.com
Wed May 5 07:33:16 PDT 2021

Hi !

Same issue here, but for master

@Jurgen Am I right understanding currently, to build on Windows, one should
ignore INSTALL.txt and rather try to replicate what's being done here :
https://github.com/jef-n/OSGeo4W/blob/master/src/qgis-dev/osgeo4w/package.sh
?

I tried to fiddle a little bit (such as upgrade cmake due to "Policy
"CMP0094" is not known to this version of CMake" as above), but then ran
into other issues, which are a bit cryptic to me.

Do you have by any chance the updating of the building docs for Windows on
your roadmap ? Or anything additional to that (such as build dependencies
versions ?)

In the meantime, I can build through WSL2, but I'd prefer to be able to
build natively as it's better to manually test.

Thanks !!

Olivier