[QGIS-Developer] python Parallel processing

Mostafa Kheyrollahi mkheyrollahi at bbv-deutschland.de
Thu May 6 05:55:15 PDT 2021

Dear Sir/Madam,
I have developed an algorithm in python which works well in python shell (Attached: shortest_tree_normal) and also as a script in QGIS (Attached: schritt4) . This algorithm calculates the best possible path among some polygons with the help of 'minimum spanning tree'.
Since the algorithm contains a big loop, it was time consuming. So, I used Parallel processing of Joblib and could reduce the running time considerably in python shell (Attached: shortest_tree_para). But the joblib codes didn't work in QGIS. I also tried using QgsTask library in QGIS, but it doesn't reduce the running time (attached: schritt3). Could you please let me know what is the best solution for parallel processing for my codes in QGIS?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Mostafa Kheyrollahi