[QGIS-Developer] Disable/commenting provider filter?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon May 10 07:41:51 PDT 2021

Hi List,

When I add a filter to a layer, I often want to temporarily disable that
filter (just to see what the full view is).

Working a lot with sql scripts recently, in which you comment out (a
part) of a sql query by putting '--' in front of it, I tried that also
in the Query builder, and though it looks like I'm commenting out my
query (the query is greyed-out), it's not working, I get a parsing
error.

So usability question:
- would other people be interested in temporarily disabling the layer
filter query, or am I the only one :-)

If yes:

- should it be implemented by 'commenting' out part of the query?
- or should there be some 'temporarily disable' checkbox in the query
builder)
- should it be a context menu (either the layer, or the little filter
overlay icon in the layermanager)

Tech question:
- any forseeing issues with such thing?

Regards,