[QGIS-Developer] Google summer of code: On-the-fly raster calculator

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue May 18 02:50:07 PDT 2021

Good news everyone,

this year we will have Francesco Bursi working on his summer of code
project to introduce on-the-fly raster calculator to QGIS! Please join me
in welcoming him to our amazing community - I hope this will be another
successful project.

https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#5286802463653888

Peter Petrik and myself are officially assigned as mentors, but of course
we will appreciate if others help with mentoring.

In an earlier thread there has been some great feedback on the initial
proposal. From the feedback it looks like we should start by updating the
proposal to take a slightly different approach than originally envisaged:
to create a new raster data provider instead of adding a new raster
renderer.

Regards
Martin