[QGIS-Developer] Leveraging Conda-Forge to create QGIS installers ?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 15:15:31 PST 2021

On Wed, 10 Nov 2021 at 00:42, Alexandre Neto <senhor.neto at gmail.com> wrote:

> No comments?l
>
> I was expecting at least a bit of discussion about this.

Honestly, I see it as a bit of a non-starter. Conda is still stuck to
such an old Qt version that you can't build anything past QGIS 3.18.

To me that's reflective of a larger issue with the ecosystem, not an
isolated example. These mega-packaging-everything projects just seem
to consistently get bogged down by the sheer number of dependent
packages they try to satisfy, resulting in an overall worse experience
all round.

But that's just my 2c ;)

Nyall