[QGIS-Developer] Influencing order of Loaded Processing FeatureSinks

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Nov 24 23:17:34 PST 2021

Hi Devs,

I recently used the CheckValidity algorithm to check some strange shapefile:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/python/plugins/processing/algs/qgis/CheckValidity.py

It generates (if you let them load) three layers:
- Valid output (features)
- Invalid output
- Error output (points)

But... in that order so after every validation you have to pull (at least) de Error output on top to see the invalid points.

So I thought to try to change the order in the python code, but (to me) it looked I could not influence that.

Am I right?
I tried both changing the order of the parameter and featuresink creation, I even tried to rename the layers (as in prepending abc or 123 to it).
Or am I missing something?

Another feature I would like to see: show the actual count (of at least the invalid features and the error points), but same thing: processing is indeed loosely/not coupled to QGIS-gui?
But because these core-algorithms are part of gui/menu's, I'm hoping we can maybe make this better?

Any hint appreciated.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde