[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-psc] Developer support channels

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Sat Oct 2 04:02:22 PDT 2021

Hi Richard,

On 21.09.2021 07:55, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> I would be ok with both IRC, but I think a #qgis-dev channel on either
> matrix.org or matrix.osgeo.org would do.
> There are proper matrix clients for web and phones ( even for Linux phones ;-) ).

Do you have an overview of matrix activities?

https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/support.html says "point your browser
to (https://matrix.to/#qgis:osgeo.org
<https://matrix.to/#qgis:osgeo.org>)" which is an invalid link.

https://app.element.io/#/room/#qgis:osgeo.org says "QGIS.org QGIS
Official Matrix room | bridged to IRC and Gitter" but it does not bridge
to Gitter.

Instead, https://app.element.io/#/room/#qgis_QGIS:gitter.im is the one
that does bridge to Gitter but has pretty much no traffic.

Looks like some consolidation might be helpful but I'm not sure how / if
that is possible.

Regards,

Anita