[QGIS-Developer] Default QgsFeatureFid ?

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Fri Oct 15 02:50:00 PDT 2021

On Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 10:45:52AM +0200, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> maybe you can use
>
> #define FID_NULL            std::numeric_limits<QgsFeatureId>::min()

Maybe, but the question is more generic: *should* a QgsFeatureId have
a default value ? In that case maybe we could change its definition
from a typedef to a class and define such default value ? OR keep
it a typedef and consider 0 (the current typedefe'd type default)
as meaning NULL (can we ensure no *real* feature would ever have a
fid value of 0, from every provider?).

--strk;