[QGIS-Developer] qgis.utils module not available in pyqgis docs ?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Sep 15 05:59:03 PDT 2021

Hi Devs,

Searching for a way to programmatically find out which version of a plugin is installed and if there was some interface for it, I used

dir(qgis.utils)

in the Python Console.

And seeing 'metadataParser', I thought to look for it in our pyqgis docs:
https://qgis.org/pyqgis/master/

But... cannot find any qgis.utils methods or module?

Any (obvious) reason for this?
Or did we forgot to include it in the building machinery?

Thanks for any info.

Ah...
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/203842/seeking-documentation-for-qgis-utils-module

so  help(qgis.utils.pluginMetadata) shows me enough to find out:

qgis.utils.pluginMetadata('myplugin', 'version')
('myplugin' string found via qgis.utils.plugins)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

PS didn't I already ask this earlier??????