[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-psc] Developer support channels

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 01:45:02 PDT 2021

On Mon, 20 Sept 2021 at 18:42, Jürgen E. Fischer <jef at norbit.de> wrote:

> Hi Nyall,
>
> On Mon, 20. Sep 2021 at 16:35:57 +1000, Nyall Dawson wrote:
> > On this note, I would also love to see some form of contributor-focused text
> > chat room for QGIS contributors. While there's plenty of chat rooms around
> > for QGIS users, these tend to attract toward "how do I do this in QGIS"
> > questions.
>
> The IRC channel #qgis still exists.  It used to be that.  Before it was
> "replaced" by several "better" alternatives - none of which ever really took
> off, but it fragmented and destroyed #qgis.  Not much life left there -
> although it looks full of people (most gated from Matrix).

That's a good point. I'd honestly prefer some channel which is
somewhat gated however, just to weed out the end-user support
questions. From my experience the irc channel (and matrix and its
linked channels) did get quite of lot of these "can anyone help me
with my data?... hello?.... anyone?.... *disconnects*" activity :P

Nyall