[QGIS-Developer] File extension for GeoPackage with QGIS projects

Lior Kaplan lior at kaplanopensource.co.il
Mon Apr 4 07:39:59 PDT 2022

+972-52-2235911
L: Lior Kaplan <https://www.linkedin.com/in/liorkaplan/>
T: @opensource_il <https://twitter.com/opensource_il>
F: @liorkaplanopensource <https://www.facebook.com/liorkaplanopensource>
https://kaplanopensource.co.il/

On Mon, Aug 30, 2021 at 6:52 AM Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Lior!
>
> On Thu, 26 Aug 2021 at 21:02, Lior Kaplan <lior at kaplanopensource.co.il>
> wrote:
> > Along the current feature requests to notify the user that the GPKG also
> has a project layer and ask if he wants to open it?
> > https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/30538
> > https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/40252
> >

> Can you test with current master/nightly versions? These issues should
> all be fixed now, and you'll get prompted to open projects when
> dragging & dropping a GPKG.

This works great with 3.22 for drag & drop ( thanks (: )

Can we make it also work when opening a file directly from the OS
(e.g. double clicking on the file in the folder).

Expected result would be to get the same pop up menu as in drag & drop,
while today it just loads the tables, including the "TestProject —
qgis_projects"
table.