[QGIS-Developer] Use of NE(SW) in the showing of (ordered) coordinates within QGIS

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Apr 11 04:27:51 PDT 2022

Hi List(s),

Recently the (showing) order of coordinates was 'fixed': eg EPSG-4326
coordinates LatLon(y,x) are properly shown as LatLon while other crs's
stay being shown as x,y
You can check this by looking into master vs 3.24 and clicking on The
Netherlands to Copy a Coordinate.

In 3.24 you will see something like "WGS84 5.2 52,3"
While in master it shows: "WGS84 52.3N 5.2E"  (note the N and E)

For WGS84 I think this is normal (to show WSEN), but for other crs's I
think it is overkill?

In 3.24: "EPSG:28992 (150000,450000)"
In master now I see: "EPSG:28992 (150702E,466216N)"

 From comments (see screenies there too) at
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/48156
I understand the E and N are added just to make it clear what x and y
are...

What do others think: is that OK? I'm just not used to it.
Would it be an idea to show it as x/y, or is that just plain wrong:
"EPSG:28992 (x:150702,y:466216)"
and for EPSG:4326 then either:
"WGS84 52.3N 5.2E"
or also (?)
"WGS84 y:52.3 x:5.2"

Any input appreciated (here at the pull 48156)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde