[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-psc] Current state of QGIS and Qt 6 (good news!)

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 07:24:44 PDT 2022

Hi Nyall

On Thu, Aug 18, 2022 at 6:47 AM Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> There's been a couple of questions regarding this lately, so I'd like
> to send through an update on the current status. While I was rather
> pessimistic when replying to these questions, I'm happy to report that
> the port to Qt 6 is actually progressing MUCH faster than I'd
> anticipated!
>
> Thanks to the QGIS.org grant, I've spent the last couple of weeks
> working on this and we're now at a stage where QGIS builds and is
> (mostly) usable on Qt 6!!

That's really great news, thanks a lot for all the effort!

- The 3d library builds and the tests all pass, but I just get a hang
> when I try to actually use a 3d view in the app

I will give it a try when I have a bit of time to see if it will do the
same on my computer. Just for the reference, what Qt6 version exactly are
you using? Is it 6.2.x or 6.3.x ?

Regards
Martin