[QGIS-Developer] Question on current_value() expression in the context of filtering relation reference combo boxes

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Dec 6 06:59:47 PST 2022

Hi,

In one of my form setups,  I would like to filter one relation reference
widget combo box with a filter expression based on the selected entry of
another relation reference value.

A static filter like:

szenario_art = 'Brand'

works as expected and it returns the filtered values - but as soon as I
try to base it on the value of another relation reference widget, it
fails ...

I tried

szenario_art = current_value('szenario_art')

but no records get selected.

Questions:

  	* Does the current_value() return the "internal value" or the "human
readable" value?
  	* Do I have to eval() something in the filter expression?
  	* Is there a way to test "current_value" somehow? I tried to write the
changed value into another text widget (with default values on update),
but it will always return "NULL". In the expression editor, I also
always get "NULL" in the preview.

Thank you for your help,

Andreas