[QGIS-Developer] Recommended method to display a webpage in a plugin

Jean-Baptiste Peter jbpeter at outlook.com
Tue Feb 15 12:45:48 PST 2022

Hello,

I am trying to figure what is the right way to display a webpage within a QGIS plugin and I have a few questions :

  1.  Is it currently possible to use QWebEngineView class with QGIS python console? When I try to import it in QGIS python console, I get the following error :

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'PyQt5.QtWebEngineWidgets'

2. If it is not currently possible to use QWebEngineView, does it involve major work or is there a chance it will be supported in the near future?

3. Until when can we expect QTWebKit to work in QGIS? Is it still advisable to start a project making extensive use of this module  ?

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,

Jean-Baptiste