[QGIS-Developer] processing temporal animation export in parallel

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Fri Feb 25 15:34:44 PST 2022

Hi Richard

On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 8:07 AM Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net>
wrote:

> On 2/24/22 00:57, Tim Sutton wrote:
> > If you want to try some python, you could make a variant of this (1) to
> export in parallel (thanks Nyall for most of the key rendering logic
> there). Note teh complete plugin shown there is not functional yet, and you
> would need to adapt it to temporal based rendering.
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> You should show off here, what you make with it!   :-)

Umm, its mostly half - baked still but you can find some examples in my
twitter feed e.g.

https://twitter.com/timlinux/status/1491709589762580480

> But I'm wondering now: IS this actually parallel rendering? As in those
> Tasks behave as a sort MapCanvasRenderings? So you are not limited by the
> single QGIS MapCanvas?

Well even in QGIS main window you can have many canvases (but they all
share the same layers) e.g.press Ctrl-M a couple of times.  Yes I
believe in my code example it should be parallel rendering - but Nyall or
others may want to add to the story of how the internals are working
here....

Regards

Tim

> Regards,