[QGIS-Developer] Sharing QGIS processing tools via repository

Prem Kumar prem.netgis at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 10:00:00 PST 2022

Hi Team,

I have developed a bunch of custom processing tools which will eventually
import custom python modules from QGIS site-packages. So far I had to copy
the processing tool python files to default profile folder and custom
modules to QGIS site-packages manually.

However, I'm looking for an elegant way to share and distribute the
processing tools from github's private repository to our colleagues
internally. Essentially, I'm looking for a way to configure github's
private repository in such a way that processing tools can be installed via
QGIS plugin installation dialog.

There are certain dots im unable to connect,

1. can we successfully use github's *private repository* for this purpose
or is it possible only with public repo?
2. How to *define the plugin xml* file along with its supporting QGIS
versions and host it as part of repo?
3. How to configure the repo in such a way that installation of processing
tools will eventually *install the custom modules in the QGIS site package*
space?

On other hand, I have tried using QGIS ResourceSharing
<https://qgis-contribution.github.io/QGIS-ResourceSharing/> plugin but
could not move ahead with authenticating github private repo. I also see
that we can host QGIS plugin repositories on-prem but not sure it is worth
it for small teams.

Any help/leads/documentation on this regard would be much appreciated,
thank you.

-Prem