[QGIS-Developer] API endpoints to QGIS

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 04:55:46 PDT 2022

Hi,

the answer you've got is correct: it is not currently implemented,
only HTTP Basic is available.

This leaves you with a few options:

1. write a Python plugin that implements in python a vector data provider.
2. implement in QGIS core (in C++) the support for other
authentication methods for the GDAL vector data provider (OGR).

Here is an example of a proof of concept python vector data provider:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/tests/src/python/provider_python.py

Best regards.

On Mon, Jul 4, 2022 at 1:48 PM Marin M via QGIS-Developer
<qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> hi,
>
> I have asked this question on Stack Exchange. I havent  got so many answers.
>
> Calling API end points in QGIS - Geographic Information Systems Stack Exchange
>
> So since this API endpoints calling  might not be a classical user/business  case in QGIS ,I thought to ask here, If there is a way to  get this into QGIS ?
>

> And if there are no current possibilities for that, might there be something like this coming in the future releases of QGIS?
>
> regards
>
> Marin Mirosevic

Alessandro Pasotti
QCooperative:  www.qcooperative.net