[QGIS-Developer] Time for db manager to become an "opt-in" plugin?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Jul 8 10:11:39 PDT 2022

Hi all,
are we going to implement this? Apparently nobody objects.
I'd add to the list the Topology sub plugin by strk. Probably not widely
used, but an unique feature.
I confirm that in the meantime the table historicization has been
broken, one more reason for not shipping DB Manager in the current state.
Cheers.

Il 22/06/22 07:55, Nyall Dawson ha scritto:

> - Saving/re-running previously saved SQL queries

very useful to me. also loading the result of a query as a new layer

> - Switching to the simplified "SQL builder" dialog for creating a SQL query
> - Truncating a table (this is available through a Processing
> algorithm, just not via browser)
> - Attribute index creation (this is available through a Processing
> algorithm, just not via browser)

handy but not crucial

> - !! Support for editing an existing column (changing name/type). This
> is the biggest functionality gap -- changing existing column types is
> not available elsewhere in QGIS
> - Listing database triggers

I'd add storicization of a table - I couldn't find anything easier for this.

Cheers.
--
Paolo Cavallini
www.faunalia.eu - QGIS.org