[QGIS-Developer] A good task for someone wanting to get involved -- update CPT ramps

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 16:35:54 PDT 2022

Hi all,

Here's an idea for a good task for someone wanting to get involved in
QGIS contributions which doesn't require any c++/python.

Currently we package a subset of the CPT ramps archive in QGIS, which
you can see here
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/tree/master/resources/cpt-city-qgis-min

It's missing a lot of the ramps present in the current version of the
CPT archive from http://soliton.vm.bytemark.co.uk/pub/cpt-city/ . Some
of these are because the licenses won't permit bundling with QGIS
(e.g. the ESRI sets), but others are just missing because we haven't
updated our subset in a loooooooooong time. (E.g. compare the subset
present in QGIS
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/tree/master/resources/cpt-city-qgis-min/gmt
from the GMT set vs
http://soliton.vm.bytemark.co.uk/pub/cpt-city/gmt/index.html )

It would be great to update our subset and re-sync it with the
upstream collection. We're missing a lot of nice ramps we could be
bundling by default :)

I'm happy to mentor this task if someone wants to give it a shot...

Nyall