[QGIS-Developer] Time for db manager to become an "opt-in" plugin?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 22:55:55 PDT 2022

On Wed, 22 Jun 2022 at 15:46, Paolo Cavallini via QGIS-Developer
<qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> +1 from me. the current state is really confusing.
> there are a number of functions that are still missing from core, but
> what is really used can be added later, in the meantime the external
> plugin can do the job.

Right -- for completeness, here's my understanding of the
functionality available through db manager which ISN'T yet available
via the browser:

- Saving/re-running previously saved SQL queries
- Switching to the simplified "SQL builder" dialog for creating a SQL query
- Truncating a table (this is available through a Processing
algorithm, just not via browser)
- Attribute index creation (this is available through a Processing
algorithm, just not via browser)
- !! Support for editing an existing column (changing name/type). This
is the biggest functionality gap -- changing existing column types is
not available elsewhere in QGIS
- Listing database triggers

Nyall