[QGIS-Developer] WFS3 API POST PUT Methods

Carlo A. Bertelli (Charta s.r.l.) carlo.bertelli at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 09:32:55 PST 2022

The GeoJSON Specification (RFC 7946) mandates the use of WGS84:

The coordinate reference system for all GeoJSON coordinates is a
> geographic coordinate reference system, using the World Geodetic
> System 1984 (WGS 84) [WGS84
> <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc7946#ref-WGS84>] datum, with
> longitude and latitude units
> of decimal degrees.

(chapter 4)

OAPIF can use GeoJSON (very often) and in this case using another reference
system is not allowed, but it can also use GML level 0 or level 2 and in
these cases there is no limit to what CRS you can use.