[QGIS-Developer] How to access QgisApp::instance() from a core class

Schmetzer, Tobias Tobias.Schmetzer at zae-bayern.de
Sat Mar 5 06:06:34 PST 2022

Hello everyone,

I would like to access QgisApp::instance() (src/app/qgisapp.cpp) from a provider like QgsOgrProvider::extent() (src/core/providers/ogr/qgsogrprovider.cpp.

Yet I cannot include "qgisapp.h" into the provider.

When looking for this information I found some inactivating preprocessor code block comments like this one (qgswfsdataitems.cpp):

#if 0

    // TODO: how to emit message from provider (which does not know about QgisApp)
    QgisApp::instance()->messageBar()->pushMessage( tr( "Cannot copy style" ),
        errorMsg,
        Qgis::MessageLevel::Critical, messageTimeout() );
#endif

Does anybody know what is the idea to access the current QgisApp::instance() from outside the QgisApp realm?

Best regards, Tobias

--

ZAE Bayern
Dipl.-Ing. Tobias Schmetzer

Tel.: +49 89 329442-65
Fax: +49 89 329442-12
Mobil | Cell: +49 151 56964756
tobias.schmetzer at zae-bayern.de
https://www.zae-bayern.de

ZAE Bayern
Bayerisches Zentrum für Angewandte Energieforschung e. V. | Bavarian Center for Applied Energy Research
Vorstand | Board: Dr. Andreas Hauer (Vorsitzender | Chairman), Dr. Hans-Peter Ebert
Sitz | Registered Office: Würzburg
Registergericht | Register Court: Amtsgericht Würzburg
Registernummer | Register Number: VR 1386

Hinweise zum Datenschutz unter https://www.zae-bayern.de/datenschutz