[QGIS-Developer] Point cloud renderer: tile borders visible?

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed May 11 04:31:11 PDT 2022

Hi Andreas

I have seen this and looked into that some time ago. If I remember
correctly, sometimes the indexing algorithm when constructing the octree
decides to merge the more detailed "bucket" of points into the parent
"bucket" (that has bigger spacing), resulting in this kind of artifacts
where some buckets have higher resolution than expected. It happens when
the amount of points in the more detailed bucket would be too low, it's not
a bug :-) You should be able to avoid that if you lower the Maximum error
in the 2D renderer - by default this is 0.3mm, which should cause dense 2D
rendering of points until you reach the scale when the individual points
can be seen...

Regards
Martin