[QGIS-Developer] User inputs in python and R script question

Tyler Veinot tylerkveinot at gmail.com
Mon May 30 06:31:18 PDT 2022

Hi All,
I have a R script that I am trying to build into a processing tool. The
tool requires first to login to a database server and the script grabs
data. In the script editor I am using
##oracle.username=string
##oracle.password=string
To capture user inputs to pass to the script for the login. When I put
those inputs into the processing tool it generally works but I can see what
is entered into the password box. How do I get it to hide that password
with *****? Is it the same technique for python scripts as well?
Where can I go to learn more about turning scripts into processing tools
with user inputs and various options?
[image: image.png]