[QGIS-Developer] Opening, closing and removing 3D Map Views from Python?

Johannes Kröger (WhereGroup) johannes.kroeger at wheregroup.com
Mon Nov 14 05:52:38 PST 2022

Howdy!

I've been looking around to see if we can open, close and remove 3D map
views from Python code and I ended up not sure if or how :)

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/app/3d/qgs3dviewsmanagerdialog.cpp
shows some handling of those views and the QgsMapViewsManager.

In that, https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/app/qgisapp.cpp is
used as it provides various methods around this, e. g. open3DMapView,
close3DMapView, duplicate3DMapView, ...

https://qgis.org/pyqgis/master/gui/QgisInterface.html#qgis.gui.QgisInterface.mainWindow
says that iface.mainWindow() "Returns a pointer to the main window
(instance of QgisApp in case of QGIS)". It returns a QMainWindow though
and the *3DMapView methods are nowhere to be found.

Is there any way to control and manage 3D map views from Python?

Cheers, Hannes

--
Johannes Kröger / GIS-Entwickler/-Berater

Where2B Konferenz 2022
15. Dezember 2022 in Bonn und Online
https://where2b-conference.com/

WhereGroup GmbH