[QGIS-Developer] Model for Temporal Measurement (vector) Datasets ?

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Sun Sep 4 16:34:29 PDT 2022

Hi Richard

Thanks for clarifying your ideas. Could we not implement something similar
to how WMS-T works in that we have a PostgreSQL-T provider extension for
example that passes a time filter to the underlying data base request. In
another system we are build for a client we have some logic to fetch
min/max/mean/sum/etc from a time slice so we could have something similar
such that each point has only one value for the current time slice.

Not sure if I make myself clear or not...

Regards

Tim

On Sun, Sep 4, 2022 at 4:22 PM Anita Graser via QGIS-Developer <
qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> On 02.09.2022 13:07, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> > Anybody is aware of a model in which data owns a location, but THAT
> > location has a (growing) set of [timestamp, value] observation data to
> > it....
>
> MobilityDB has temporal temporal bools, ints, floats, texts, and
> geometries: https://docs.mobilitydb.com/MobilityDB/develop/ch03.html
>
> So that would cover the storage question but the visualization issue
> remains until we implement support for these types in Temporal Controller.
>
> Regards,
>
> Anita

​

Tim Sutton