[QGIS-Developer] Revert Previous Plugin, disable "Upgrade All" and "Upgrade Plugin" buttons

Catania, Luke A ERDC-RDE-GRL-VA CIV Luke.A.Catania at erdc.dren.mil
Tue Jan 10 18:49:34 PST 2023

I had a user that may have hit the "Upgrade All" button in the plugins window. Does that automatically upgrade all installed plugins to the newest version? If so is there a way to revert back to the previous versions. He may have just hit the Upgrade Plugin button for the specific plugin.  Not sure and I did not want to test it and mess up my configuration.

We have created our own QGIS plugin that relies on the VisibilityAnalysis plugin and upgrading VisibilityAnalysis from 1.7 to 1.8 breaks our tool as I created a my own Visibility Analysis UI to run the VisibilityAnalysis tool.  I basically want to prevent a user from upgrading any plugin that we access so that this does not happen.  Is there a way to disable "Upgrade All" and "Upgrade Plugin" buttons in the plugin window through settings, interface customization, or programmatically through python on QGIS using startup.py?

Thanks,
Luke