[QGIS-Developer] language dependency qgis_process

Dr. Michael Hälsig michael at haelsig.net
Tue Jan 17 13:37:44 PST 2023

Hi,
I am using qgis_process stand alone (Linux desktop or Linux headless server)
and run e.g. an overlap analysis, This algorithm adds a field 'Buffered_pc'.

When I use the processing inside the QGIS desktop, the overlap algorithm names
the added field 'Gepuffert_pc', because I am using the German locale.

But I need for the further processing the German version of the field name.

Apparently qgis_process creates a file in ~/.config/Unknown Organization/
qgis_process.bin.conf with the content 'localized_data_paths=@Invalid()'. It
seems to be that qgis_process expects somewhere the path for the German
localization.

How do I tell qgis_process to use the German locale?

Thank you for any hints.

Michael