[QGIS-Developer] QGIS 3.x very slow under Windows 10

i-s-o 46.i.s.o.64 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 20:14:54 PDT 2023

 It's not clear to me what part of QGIS exhibits slow performance for you,
but for me, QGIS frequently freezes due to Browser Panel trying to access
some network drives that are either too slow or not available due to remote
work (I have "Offline folders" in Windows enabled: if I am not connected to
the network directly or via VPN, QGIS freezes for about 20sec every couple
of minutes).

Have you tried closing the Browser Panel to see if you can use QGIS without
any freezes? If it is the culprit, you can then figure out which specific
network drive is causing the problem, then you can right-click on it to
hide it.

Ref:
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/403343/what-can-be-a-reason-of-qgis-slow-work
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/336036/qgis-3-browser-widget-slows-qgis
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/51226 · Browser Panel Causing
Unbearable Lag
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/45365 · QGIS VERY SLOW
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/37324 · QGIS hangs when VPN
disconnected; searching for connections
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/51710 · QGIS please rewrite handling of
network drives (particullary on windows)
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/53315 · Flag OneDrive remote folders as
remote, slow to open paths on Windows
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2020-October/062361.html
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-user/2022-November/052147.html