[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Documentation Writer - Report

Selma Vidimlic selma at kartoza.com
Fri Jul 28 09:08:21 PDT 2023

Hello everyone, hope you are doing fine.

As I already inform you, every Friday I will send you a report where I will
explain what I have been working on.

This week I created a couple of changes in this order:

1. Changes created in chapter 5. Getting Started related to issue #3922 -
missing screenshots
( Tim reviewed and merged this PR)

2. Changes created in chapter 6. Working with Project files

   - *section 6.1.* Oracle database was not mentioned so I added that.
   https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/pull/8410
   - *section 6.3*. Sentence: "Georeferencing the image is possible" in the
   generating output section was a bit confusing in my opinion so I changed it
   to "Including georeference information is possible..."
   https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/pull/8411

3. Changes created in chapter 7. QGIS GUI

   - *subsection 7.1.1.* Project menu also missed Oracle infos
   https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/pull/8412
   - *subsection 7.1.2.* note that Edit menu options are available when
   Editing mode in ON https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/pull/8413

Those are my changes for now, the goal is to dig deep into documentation
and fix or update everything from smallest issues to bigger ones. Also, I'm
getting familiar with the writing style that Harrissou uses when he is
writing documentation so I can follow that exacte style and keep
documentation in one tone.
If you think that this report should have more (or less) descriptions,
please let me know.

Looking forward to your feedback,
Selma.

--