[QGIS-Developer] QGIS reading zipped fgdb

Hugh Kelley hghklly at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 05:58:07 PST 2023

Hi,

Just wanted to ask whether we would expect qgis 3.22 to read a zipped file
geodatabase normally.

>From a brief look, the data is read fine, but QGIS fails to successfully
read the layer names and imports the datasets with names taken from the
files in the fgdb.

from the layer properties information tab

name:

CIP_FY22_FY23.gdb — CIP_FY22_FY23.gdb/a00000009.gdbtable

source:

/vsizip/H:/50000/50793_P_Anne Arundel County Bicycle and Pedestrian Master
Plan
Update/PRODUCTION/GIS/SHP/CIP_FY22_FY23.gdb.zip/CIP_FY22_FY23.gdb/a00000009.gdbtable|layername=CIP_Proposed_Point

I don't really have time to investigate further, and given that it's fgdb I
don't think this is a big priority to support esri's file types perfectly,
but I saw it mentioned recently that fgdb edit capabilities are coming to
QGIS via the openfilegdb driver, so thought I'd share in case that's
indicative of a larger problem of some sort. I've used the osgeo4w optional
driver install in the past and appreciated that so I"m excited for this
improvement.

Hope everyone's week is going well.

Hugh