[QGIS-Developer] QGIS QT6 meeting minutes

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 04:28:31 PDT 2023

Hi,

Here is some feedback about the QGIS QT6 status meeting we had yesterday.

First I'd like to thank all the attendees, it was great to see the
excitement and the interest in moving forward with this project.

If I may summarize the outcome, we decided that the best way to move
forward is to create a working group with all the interested
developers and allocate a budget (20K is the proposed budget) in order
to find a solution to the main blockers, it is very hard to estimate
the effort in advance but we thought that with that budget we will be
able to move forward.

Any QGIS core developer with experience in the main areas involved and
willing to dedicate some time to this effort is eligible and warmly
invited to participate in the working group.

Here is the link to the minutes:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Un4Jyz9PO8t2vmEBkUKa187SytM2gsQn-jB6mSqXcvU/

This proposal will be discussed at the next PSC meeting.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
QCooperative:  www.qcooperative.net