[QGIS-Developer] install plugin from github

Hugh Kelley hghklly at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 06:57:43 PDT 2023

Hi,

could anyone share instructions for installing a plugin from the source
code on github instead of the plugin manager and subsequently making
changes and running the plugin to see the difference?

I've tried cloning the repo to:
C:\Users\hkelley\AppData\Roaming\QGIS\QGIS3\profiles\project-packager_dev\python\plugins\qgis-project-packager-plugin
and moved some things around to copy the set up of other installed plugins.

The plugin appears in the "installed" list but doesn't work.

Maybe I need to compile it? but I would have thought for a python only
plugin that wouldn't be necessary.

I've also separately followed the instructions for building a plugin from
scratch using plug in builder and plugin reloader. It's not clear to me how
I would apply those steps to working with an existing plugin.

thanks for any guidance.

Hugh